Saturday, October 8, 2011

WOLFEN


I went into WOLFEN not knowing much about the movie, other than I remembering hearing about it as a kid and it being one of those movies I “couldn't” watch.

The movie was very well done with a great cast including Gregory Hines and a very young Admiral Bill Adama (Edward James Olmos).

The film plays out like a detective story. Deaths turn up all over NY and a rogue detective is determined to find the cause. The problem is....it's an animal attack. The case turns to a group of Native American shape shifters where we see a lot of Adama. However, as the investigation turns, we learn that the root of the violence is something more mysterious.

I loved the film. I thought it was well acted, well shot and the story was so much better developed than the typical horror film. I really enjoyed that the detective story played out like it did with the horror film playing in the background.

Last thing. OU SUCKS!



No comments:

Post a Comment